CAPED OFFICERS 2018-2019
- Ed.D. Educational Leadership from University of Southern California
- M.S. Counseling: Student Development in Higher Education from CSULF
- B.A. Theatre Arts from Sonoma State University
I am currently the Director of Disabled Students Programs & Services (DSPS) at Golden West College in Huntington Beach. I have been in Disability Services and support for over 16. I have worked in both the Community College system starting my career at Santa Ana College and am currently at Golden West College I also worked in the CSU system at Cal Poly Pomona as a TRiO Student Support Services Director. I am passionate about student advocacy, student engagement and success and student equity. Previously I worked in a dual role as the Director of our Veterans Resource Center and created a Veterans taskforce at GWC for 3.5 years while director of DSPS.
- 2015-16 Manager of the Year, Golden West College
- 2012 Diversity Champion Award, Cal Poly Pomona
- 2009-2010 ARCHES Advising Program of the Year, Cal Poly Pomona
- Fall 2009 Division of Student Affairs Star Award, Cal Poly Pomona
- 2005 Classified Employee of the Year, Santa Ana College
Non-Work Passion: I enjoy spending time with my wife and two young kids, ages 9 and 5, and I am an avid supporter of the arts by attending theatrical performances and I have recently returned to performing on stage in local theater.
Golden West College
15744 Goldenwest Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
Past President, CAPED
- Ed.D. Community College Leadership, Oregon State University
- MACE: Masters of Adult and Continuing Education, Washington State University
Forty years building programs for students with disabilities in community college systems, including vocational preparation and job placement in full inclusion programs for students with intellectual disabilities in community colleges in Washington and California, support for students on the autism spectrum, supported education for students with psychological disabilities.
18 years developing and supporting programs for California community college students with disabilities at the state level: as state coordinator for WorkAbility III, contractor with the State Chancellor’s Office to coordinate and conduct program reviews/technical assistance of DSPS programs and WorkAbility III, coordinate grants evaluating AmeriCorps in the colleges, coordinate job placement for CalWORKs at the state level, research of state programs, review of High Tech Centers and Veterans programs
Technical support and program reviews of DSPS in California, Washington and Texas, and of AmeriCorps in community colleges in California
State level committees including Allocations and Weights (2014 and 2000), DSPS Regional Coordinators, CAPED President 2016-2018
Non-Work Passion: I still get together with my friends from around the world with whom I attended British elementary through International high school in Bangkok.
Sacramento City College
3835 Freeport Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95822